Tuesday, February 22, 2011

sweet yoga

I've taken up yoga again. I'm quite excited about strengthening my body and improving my posture and breathing. I feel like this is the right kind of exercise for me because I don't particularly like regular weight lifting or cardio. Well, I do like riding my little bike machine, but I'm so excited about yoga.

My current goal is a small one. I'm trying to get under a certain number weight-wise (only about 2 more pounds to go) and I'm trying to fit a little more loosely into my size 12 jeans. Once I hit that goal, I'll set another one. I don't want to set huge goals and then get completely overwhelmed.

To date, I have lost 44 pounds from when I was my heaviest. I'm really excited about the progress I've made and I'm excited to keep it moving.

It's been a rough start. I stretched muscles I didn't even know I had. I'm actually about to go start another session. I really need to stick with this. It's so important to me.

lindsayallison

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 44 pounds!! I am so proud of you! You've done a great job!! Yoga is awesome to get into. I really enjoy the stretching and loosening of my muscles. And I do believe it is a workout as opposed to some of my trainer friends who say it is not. It just depends on how you're doing it and how challenging it is! Remember to start slow and that stretching is never supposed to be painful! Yoga is all about the breathing and the stretch, but never force your muscles into the stretch or you could injure yourself. The longer you are at it, the more limber you will get and the easier the postures become!!

    Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks SO much! That means SO much coming from you!

    The DVD I have has a fantastic instructor who is all about reminding me that I don't need to force anything.

    I have found that it is a work out because I work up a sweat and feel my heart rate increase during the session. I find that it's challenging trying to keep my alignment and focus on the braething at the same time. But I AM getting better!

    Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete