Monday, February 21, 2011

adventures in hair dye

I don't think it's any secret that I dye my hair. Frequently.

I live by the philosophy that when it comes to hair, just go for it. Don't think about it, just do it. Whatever it is that you want to do to you hair, just do it. It's what I do. I get an idea for a color or a cut and I go with it.

About a year ago I decided to dye my hair black. I love the way my hair looks pretty much any color. The black made my eyes pop because I have such light blue eyes. I love dark brown because it makes me feel closer to my Italian roots. The red I'm currently rocking looks interesting next to the faux tan (also, rocking). But blonde...oh the blonde. It's my natural (I think) color and I find myself going back to it after long bouts of a dark color.

Last fall I decided I wanted to start lightening my hair. Instead of continuing to dye it black, I decided to go with a dark red. I figured red over black would be dark red instead of using blonde and risking it turning out orange. It looked interesting to have dark intense auburn on the top fading into a black.

I attempted a lighter auburn last night. Eh, I'm not dissatisfied. My roots are a little too light for my taste. And it didn't light the ends as much as I had hoped for. But, I no longer have black hair. It's a dark, dark red color now.

It still looks different with the light red fading into such a dark color. I'm attempting to get professional advice on how to go lighter without cutting it all off or turning it any funky colors.

lindsayallison

No comments:

Post a Comment