Monday, January 31, 2011

sleep, bad drivers, and rainy days

It was a dreary day today.

I actually happen to like Mondays for the sole reason that I work a 7-3 shift. I know that most people flip at the idea of having to get up earlier, but I love it. It means that I get off an hour earlier than normal and for some reason, that makes all the difference in the world when counting down minutes until I can go home.

Unfortunately today my coworker was ill and was late arriving to work. He still wasn't there when I left, but I had to leave. I thought that a 7a - 4:30p shift was long enough. Not to mention things were pretty dead at the store. I blame the dreary weather.

Going home was an adventure in itself. As I was attempting to turn out of the parking lot (left, I might add) there was someone across the street trying to turn right. This person stops, as he should, and then sits there as no cars are coming before he turns. I know that he has the right of way so I don't make a move because I know if I do, I'll cause an accident. But he just sits there! Finally he turns and I turn after him. Then he decides that crawling would be the better thing to do instead of driving at the speed limit.

Unfortunately this douche bag won't let up. I can't get around him because I'm on a one lane road. It's just irritating the mess out of me. As luck would have it, I have to follow this loser onto the high way. He tries to get onto a high way of 60mph going only 30mph. I really thought he or I was going to cause an accident.

Luckily he sped up (but just barely) and I only had to follow him for another mile before he got off the highway. I know it's a rainy day, but it wasn't even raining when I was driving home! There was no need for the ridiculously "cautious" driving.

Gah, anyways.

The 2010 fiscal year is finally over. Yesterday started the 2011 fiscal year and I couldn't be more excited. I crunched all the numbers for last year and it's a proven fact that I was the best performing head of my department for last year. We had three experts in my department during last year and I out performed the other two. I was pretty happy to find that out. I'm really excited to start this new year and see how well we can do.

I only have a few screws to tighten up before we're running at maximum efficiency and full speed. :)

Now I'm working on some notes for the story that I'm currently working on. That will probably take me all night. I only got three and a half hours of sleep last night but it doesn't really bother me. I actually feel pretty great. Getting up this morning was hard, but once I got going I was fine and barely felt tired at all!

I've come to the conclusion that I don't require a lot of sleep. Actually, I really don't like to sleep. I feel like it's such a waste of perfectly good time where I could be doing something constructive. Sleeping is not constructive, not in my book. To me, it's the ultimate lazy act. Now, I do know it's required of humans to sleep so that they don't die, but I don't think it should be used as a favorite pastime.

Gah, I've spent enough time on this thing. I've got to get back to work.

lindsayallison

No comments:

Post a Comment