Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm Back!

I'm back everyone!

I had honestly forgotten that I had started this blog, silly of me really. I had gotten so busy with work and life that I just never even saw the "Blogspot" link under my favorites...even though I look at them every day.

What's going on with me?

To put it simply: A LOT!

First, I'm losing weight at a rapid pace and I am loving it. I love how I feel about myself, I love how my clothes fit. I can't wait until I can fit into some of the clothes I wore in high school. I'm so close and I know if I continue keeping an eye on my portion control, I'll be there before I know it.

Second, I've dedicated 2011 to writing! That's right! I'm working on my own pieces, I'm doing more reading, and I have taken up journaling again. Well, I've taken up journaling again - ish. I write when I need to, but it's not every day. I'm hoping that I can bring the blog up to an almost daily basis. I mean how cool would it be to have a small following of friends here on my blog?

I've decided to really put myself into this. I invested in some filing items of sorts. Just a place to keep all my different stories and ideas until they are all finished to perfection. I can keep all of my notes and ideas about one story in one place so I don't have to constantly go digging for them amongst a dozen notebooks and binders.

Third, I've recently (within the past two months or so) started an actual relationship with my older brother. I have an older half brother by my dad and despite the fact that I'm almost 24 years old, he and I have never had a relationship. Well, I found him on facebook and friended him. We've had a fairly regular contact ever since and it's been nice. We don't always see eye to eye, but we do have some common ground. It's been fantastic feeling like someone's younger sister for the first time in my life.

My holidays were fantastic. The best I've had in a few years. I was beyond ecstatic about the gifts I both gave and received. I was shocked and pleased that everyone behaved themselves this year. It was definitely a wonderful time.

I was saddened at the loss of my great-grandmother, Margaret "Memere" Gallant on the 28th of December. She was 98 and had lived a good, long life and was ready to go home. I was fortunate enough that when my mom and I went up to Boston in November, she remembered us long enough for us to say goodbye. We both knew that we'd probably never see her again.

This new year has done wonders for me. I'm reading a fantastic book, "Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey so that I can learn better financial responsibility. I am doing something that I love and I've been trying desperately to have a better outlook on life in general (especially my dumb ass job - ok, so I'm still working on that one). I feel better this year and it's been amazing.

I will do anything to make sure this feeling lasts.

lindsayallison

No comments:

Post a Comment