Tuesday, July 6, 2010

mom

I have the best mother in the world.

There simply is no question about that. She has this amazing way of telling me things I need to hear. She recommends paths to take and she offers advice based on her own experiences. She doesn't TELL me what I need to do, she just suggests ideas to better myself.

I have been struggling SO MUCH lately with some left over issues with how I grew up and my own way of thinking. It's amazing to realize that my mom has a lot of those same insecurities and emotions and she knows just how to offer a hand to help me. And if she can't help me, she can recommend someone else who can.

I love talking to her because she gives me advice on how to deal with other people and how to process the emotions that I feel on a day to day basis. She doesn't judge me and she doesn't judge the other people in my life. She just offers her own knowledge of how to "let go and let God", as she says. I love that she would rather have a strong relationship with me than sit on a pedestal and judge me for the mistakes that I've made. She'd rather help me rectify my mistakes and errors in judgment than rub my face in them.

Anyways, the point of this is this: I have the best mother in the world. Enough said.

lindsayallison

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay,

    So glad that your Mom is able to be such an amazing influence for you!! You are a wonderful and bright woman with a great future ahead of you! We all get a little lost and confused at times and I am really glad that you are able to rely on her to help you through this!!

    Your mom sounds like a pretty amazing woman!!

    Keep your head up and keep thinking positive! You are awesome!!

    Blessings to you!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete