Friday, July 9, 2010

money money money

"Money, money, money,
must be funny
in a rich man's world.
Money, money, money,
Always sunny
in the rich man's world.
Aha!
All the things I could do,
if I had a little money.
It's a rich man's world!"

ABBA sang it true. It's definitely a rich man's world.

I feel so stuck when it comes to finances. It seems that I'm always trying to be careful and I always end up with a really low balance in my account. Then I'm even more careful. And then...BAM! Overdraft fees.

I HATE overdraft fees. I mean, the guy who's CEO of my bank (Bank of America) makes millions of dollars every year. You wanna know what I made last year? I barely broke 10 grand. Yep, that's it. $10,000 last year. I made so little money that even the GOVERNMENT gave me back all of the money they took from me last year. That's how pathetic I am.

What I hate most is that in reality, how I spent my money, I should have only been charged one overdraft fee. But no, they hold off on completely processing the small transaction that should have gone through no problem until the BIG transaction (a check) comes in. Then they take the big transaction out, put me in the negative, and THEN take out the small one so they can hit me with two overdraft fees.

It's really pissing me off that these board of directors and CEOs can just take people's money like this. I mean, I make SO LITTLE and I'm trying SO HARD and it just doesn't seem to matter.

I'm in desperate need of financial help. Luckily, my mom is going to help me create a budget. I think when I finally move in with her (which will be really soon, especially after this) it will help me even more. I think I might even need to have her put on my account again. If I know that she can monitor my online banking, it might help me be a little more discrete (spelling?) with my spending. What I love is that my mom is not judgmental. She understands that I'm just NOT GOOD with money. I think she understands that I need someone to point out my mistakes with love and kindness and not judgment. She understands that I don't need someone to yell at me, but rather to help me.

In other news, Kay left. She spent most of the week with us and it was really nice to spend time with her. What was also really nice, was talking to Felicia on the phone last night. I hadn't really talked to her since she left SC back about three weeks ago or so. I've missed her like crazy. It was so nice to hear that she is doing SO WELL in her new job in Florida.

Right now? I'm going to attempt to relax. I had a long, rough day with some driving and then I had to work. Our A/C is out in several places at work. After about an hour and a half I started feeling super light headed, dizzy, and I found I couldn't focus. Luckily I got some water and a small snack on my break to help with my low blood sugar and my dehydration. It was all I could do to get home, get in my pajamas, and then collapse in my recliner. I have to work early in the morning, so I'm just going to get a shower and some sleep.

Maybe I can find it in me to draw up a bubble bath and really relax. Who knows?

lindsayallison

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay,

    So sorry! I know exactly how you feel because I have been where you are. It does get better, but right now it really sucks!!! I am glad your Mom is going to help give you some guidance in that area. It helped me a lot that my Mom was able to do that for me and it reigned in some of my spending. I even got to the point once where I only spent cash. According to my budget, I would pull out exactly what I need and leave my checkbook and card at home and only use cash to make purchases.

    Hope you are feeling better! I will likely see you at work a little later today!!

    ReplyDelete