Saturday, June 18, 2011

enthusiasm

I still feel so excited about the opportunities that have presented themselves in front of me. Even if nothing comes of this management thing, I still have this very strong feeling that things are about to change for me in a very big way. I think and feel like everything that I now know I want is really going to come together for me.

Things at the store are great. I'm still having a blast working there and I can see that it's going to continue to be so much fun. Some days I wish that things would slow down just a touch, but at the same time I know that this is job security. Although, I kinda wish people would stop telling me that. Questions/comments I'm asked/told EVERY single day:

Are you always this busy?
How have you guys been doing?
How long have you been open?
I'm so glad you're here!
Yeah, it's busy but it's job security!
I bet this is a fun place to work.
Are you hiring?
I hope this brings downtown back.
Do you know what else is opening around here?

And the list goes on. Most of the time I'm happy to answer the question for the 80,000th time but every once in awhile it gets a bit tedious. So let me set the record straight:

"The new Mast General Store in Columbia is fantastic. It IS a fun place to work, and you'd have to ask management about applying. We have been busy since day one and while it has slowed down some, we are still constantly busy. Things are going well, I don't see us leaving in the foreseeable future. Yes, other places are opening up, but I do not have any further details than that."

With that out of the way, I'm still really excited. And because a very good friend gave me some great advice, I have not been detracted from going after what I want. Yay!

lindsayallison

No comments:

Post a Comment