Monday, July 5, 2010

a new start

I cannot tell you how many times I have tried to start writing a diary or a journal or a blog. I start so many of these things and then end up abandoning them. Well, I'm hoping that this time it will stick.

A good friend told me I should start blogging again because it seemed to her that it had proven to be a good stress reliever for me. I think she might be right so I'm gonna give a shot again.

I'm trying to turn over a new leaf these days. First thing I need to do is set some boundaries with the people in my life. I have a hard time telling people "no" and it has caused for some serious heartache on my end. Well, I'm making the honest effort to stop that. Hopefully I can start to regain some semblence of control in my life.

Next thing I need to do is figure out what I want to do with school. I've struggled so much because it seems that I change my mind about what I want to do with my life every other week. I'm currently enrolled in a local technical college for an associates in business management. It's something I'm good at, but I have definitely been dragging my feet in getting this degree. Just because you're good at soemthing doesn't mean your heart is in it. And my heart just isn't in business anymore.

I'm honestly thinking I want to be more creative in my life. I've rediscovered painting lately and I have loved every minute of it. I've also decided to take up writing again. It's something I have ALWAYS loved and had a great passion for. I think I might even have a decent idea for a story/book. All I have to do now is write it.

I hope this is a good start to turning my life around. Right now though? It's almost 2:45 in the morning and I desperately need some sleep. I worked the entire holiday weekend and I'm finally getting my break. Believe me, I'm going to enjoy this.

Good night all!

lindsayallison

No comments:

Post a Comment