Friday, March 4, 2011

consistency

It's been such a weird week for me.

Sunday night ended with devastating news about a very dear friend of mine who suddenly passed away. The funeral service is tomorrow afternoon. I think that once I say goodbye, I'll be able to move on and get back to the happy place I've been in recently.

I am having a problem with consistency. It's something I've struggled with for my entire life. I want to do something but I never seem to follow through on it.

The biggest thing I'm concerned about is my weight loss. I have lost (to date) 45 pounds since I was at my heaviest. I know that a big part of this was not eating out so much, and learning to use portion control. My weight loss has plateaued recently and I know that that has a tendency to happen. What I'm concerned about is I can't seem to stop eating. I'm eating out again too much and I'm eating too much in general.

I had started doing yoga. I loved it. I loved how I felt after I did it. But I can't find the motivation to do it this past week. I know that if I go and get food while I'm at work that I'm just spending money I shouldn't be and that it's just unheatlhy. But I can't seem to stop myself. My justification for doing it is stronger than any justification I can think of to not do it.

It's been a very big struggle for me.

In other news, Felicia is in town this weekend and I'm super excited. We're making plans for me to go down and visit in her in Panama City in a couple of weeks. I'm really looking forward to getting out of town for a few days.

lindsayallison

No comments:

Post a Comment