Thursday, July 15, 2010

frustration

What do you do when you have a person in your life who just won't...leave?

I tried to reach out, I tried to be a good friend, I tried to help. All of it was thrown back in my face as a knife was twisting in my back. I bowed out gracefully. I said "No more!" and decided I would continue on with my life without this person.

Unfortunately said person is demanding time and attention from those closest to me, from those I love. Even when I walked away, this person is still there. In the periphery of my life.

I HATE that there is nothing I can do to change this. It's bothering me more than I can say. I don't want it to bother me, and I've tried to make myself indifferent, but how can you when you feel so betrayed? How can you feel indifferent when you feel like someone is trying to take over your life?

Maybe it's stupid on my part. Maybe I'm just overreacting. I don't know.

All I know is that I can't deal with this anymore. My anger grows every day. My frustration and my impatience are at my fingertips, itching for me to do something about this situation. I want this to end more than anything.

The good news? I know exactly what I can do/say to end this situation.

The bad news? It would destroy this someone.

And while I may be frustrated; and while I may feel like I'm being provoked to actions beyond my control, I refuse to be the villain in this story. I refuse to sink down to the level of slime. I refuse to let my anger and my frustrations control me.

I just wish I had a better outlet than crying myself to sleep every night.

lindsayallison

No comments:

Post a Comment